Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Metro Monday on Tuesday

Busy day yesterday so Metro Monday was pushed to a Tuesday. Interesting and awkward moments happen on the train everyday, especially during the busy times. When the train gets packed and people are constantly shuffling on and off. I usually get a seat because a lot of people get off when I get on, so I can observe the human behavior a lot better. When the shuffling is happening awkward things happen. Everybody is trying to move out of the way with two goals. Don't get touched and move as little as possible. It makes me giggle to watch them squirm and cringe when someone brushes by them. Oh metro people...they make me smile.
Also, when you are on the train, people will stare at you. Sometimes just normal glances or in creepy ways. It will make you uncomfortable and I learned that the best way to deal with it is to make them more uncomfortable. I stare back. Usually more intensely then they do and then they usually stop looking at me or go to the other end of the train. Works like a charm. Of course, you have to know who it is you are dealing with or they might just start laughing and then talk to you...that could be a problem. Still learning how to deal with that. I'll keep you updated.
Sometimes I talk back or I put my ear phones in before its too late. All depends.
Phone photo. Light-rail warning. Don't cross the tracks...

3 comments:

  1. best policy: keep the headphones on and don't make eye contact with anyone! Are you old enough to remember stranger danger?? Weird people ride that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you trying to say Israel? I ride the metro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staring back is fun--you get some goofy reactions. I can totally see you picking your nose while staring at a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...