Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Cleaning Philosophy

I have not been posting as frequently because I have been cleaning a lot. We've been cleaning the house before we leave for our trip out East! So excited! At first I thought it would be silly to blog about cleaning, but then I decided to blog about my adventures of cleaning anyways. They can be exciting and it has been a big part of my life the last few days! So I cleaned the laundry room...EXCITING!!! And I cleaned the game closet...EXCITING!!! And I cleaned
the spare room...EXCITING!!! Wasn't that exciting? :) I've learned that if you trick yourself into thinking that cleaning is fun it gets a lot easier! In the words of a very wise nanny: "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and - SNAP - the job's a game!" This is a lot harder than in the movie, but I find it to be true. To help me enjoy cleaning I usually put on music (creating my own element of fun) and I dance as I clean! The songs have to be upbeat; the kind people workout to and such! With the music playing, cleaning is a lot more enjoyable. My mom's house now looks great thanks to Margi, Mom, and myself! Plus, cleaning is not so bad when there is a vacation at the end of it! Can't wait to visit family out East!!!

P.S. Shout out Happy Birthday to my buddy, Robby!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...